WIC Program

Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children



WIC is a nutrition program that helps families feed their children healthy foods. WIC provides nutrition information, healthy foods, and help accessing health care to middle and low-income families. The program is available to families with pregnant women, new mothers (breastfeeding and non-breastfeeding), and children under the age of five.

What Can WIC Offer My Family?

  • Debit cards that can be used at the grocery store to buy healthy foods like milk, whole grains, beans, juice, eggs, cereal, peanut butter and fruit and vegetables. Click here for a listing of foods available through WIC —
  • Information about nutrition and health to help you and your family eat well and be healthy
  • Help with breastfeeding your baby
  • Help in finding health care and other community services
  • Breast pumps to help you breastfeed even when you return to work

Can My Family Enroll In WIC?

WIC is for all kinds of families – families with married or single parents and those who are working or not working.

WIC has different requirements than Wisconsin FoodShare so even if you don’t qualify for FoodShare, you may still qualify for WIC. Click here to see the income guidelines.

If you are a father, mother, grandparent, foster parent or other legal guardian of a child under 5 years of age, you can apply for your child.If you are a woman who is pregnant, breastfeeding, or has a baby up to six months old, you can apply for yourself.  Click here to learn How to Apply for WIC

Foreign Language Services

The Wic Program and Hmong and Spanish speaking Paraprofessionals to facilitate easy access to services for our Hmong and Hispanic Communities.

In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.


USDA Non-Discrimination Statement

The U.S Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or if all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department.  (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at program.intake@usda.gov.

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish).

USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.