- Breastmilk is the perfect food for baby.
- Breastfed babies are healthier.
- Mothers who breastfeed are healthier.
- Breastfeeding saves time and money!
Breastfeeding Peer Counselor Program
Moms helping moms – Someone with you every step of the way…
Breastfeeding Peer Counselors share breastfeeding information and offer breastfeeding support. They are moms who have breastfed and are trained to help you breastfeed too. Your peer counselor will be with you every step of the way from your pregnancy through the first year. She will provide you with the information you need, answer questions and support your decision- whatever you decide.
Your Breastfeeding Peer Counselor can help if:
- you have questions about breastfeeding
- you are getting frustrated
- friends or family are pushing you to stop breastfeeding
- things just aren’t working out with breastfeeding
Breastfeeding peer counselors are available for WIC clients at all of our WIC clinic sites. For more information, call 1-800-246-5743