WIC Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program
What is the WIC Farmers’ Market Program?
It is a program that provides vouchers, known as Farmers Market checks. With these checks, participants can buy fresh fruits, fresh vegetables and fresh cut herbs at approved farmers markets throughout Wisconsin.
1. To provide fresh fruits, vegetables and herbs to WIC families.
2. To help Wisconsin farmers.
What do families receive through the FMNP?
- In the summer, WIC Participants receive checks to spend on local farmers’ markets.
- Go to an authorized Wisconsin WIC Farmers market. (FMNP checks cannot be used at the grocery stores)
- At the market, find a participating farmer.
- Buy Wisconsin-Grown produce only. (No bananas, pineapple, oranges, kiwi, etc.)
- Buy only fresh fruits, vegetables and herbs. (No dairy foods, no honey, cider, jams, meats, etc.)
- For best variety, shop throughout the summer. (Different fruits and vegetables are sold each month.)
Where are the Farmers Markets?
Mosinee Farmers’ Market
1101 Main St
Wausau Farmers’ Market
Marshfield Clinic & Aspirus Farmers’ Market
2727 Plaza Dr
Village of Weston Farmers’ Market
5500 Schofield Ave
Merrill Farmers’ Market
Normal Park – on Center Ave between 6th & 7th Streets
Tomahawk Farmers’ Market
Tomahawk Main Street Market
Antigo Farmers’ Market
700 Superior St